4th of July

Hank and I spent the 3rd of July doing the majority of our celebrating, so the 4th was more of a low key day. We slept in a bit, then headed over to breakfast at the Sweet Potato Cafe with his family who is visiting from Michigan. It was a lot of fun, and my breakfast burrito was delicious. Afterward we came home and napped the day away, and after I woke up, I spent the afternoon downtown with Amber, talking for hours and enjoying the most delicious shaved ice, ever! It was a perfect day, and capping it off with fireworks on a top of a hill with Hank only made it all the more ideal.

I hope all of you had a splendid 4th of July and enjoyed your weekend, whether you spent it with family or friends! Amber and I were talking about how next year, Henry will be joining us, and how insane that is! Life changes so quickly and I can't wait to see all that is in store.

walking from our house
walking home

perfect summer day

4th of July, downtown

Amber

Also- now, prepare yourself for EXTREME cheesiness (seriously)...but I made this video for my Mom (she loves these little things), and I thought I might as well share it here. The music is of COURSE Bruce Springsteen- I mean, what says America like The Boss, right?! I didn't go the ultra-cliche route and do "Born in the USA," although lord knows I wanted to! Anyway, enjoy! It's super short but you'll get a feel for what the parade was like, and what our afternoon experience was all about. :)

4th of July, 2010 from Danielle Hampton on Vimeo.