Home Ec!

So I've had a sewing machine for a few years but after the first initital tries (and when my friend Adie wasn't there to walk me through it step by step), I totally gave up. My wonderful sewing machine has been sitting in a storage warehouse for three years, probably sad from misuse and hoping one day I will come rescue it from the concrete walls! Well...I think that day has come. I've always been very, very intimidated by sewing, but completely in awe of those who can do it well. The reason I got the machine in the first place was because I would see so many of my friends and family construct such awesome things. One person in particular makes the most amazing window treatments and I've always been blown away with their seamstress skills. That same family member got me the machine for Christmas awhile back and I was SO excited...



When I saw Leigh-Ann's post for a new class that she, Rachel and their friend Courtney were putting on, I was immediately intrigued. Because I'm beginning this new journey into becoming a full-time SAHM/homemaker, I've been thinking more about trying my hand at sewing again, and this class just popped up at the right time.



I'm almost positive I am going to take it, and I have to admit I am still a little intimidated, mainly about setting up my machine! Once I got it all going I really liked sewing, but I struggled with remembering where to put the thread, how to wind it, etc. Very confusing. So I hope this class clarifies all of this for me, and I am certain it will.

SO...I wanted to post this to number one spread the word about this class, because the ladies who are running it are some of the most inspiring women I know (er, read!), and two, I'd love for you to join me. Click here to be transported over to Leigh-Ann's blog to read an in-depth post that got me quite excited!

Are any of you thinking of taking it?