Tattoo Tuesday V.25


This week I'm featuring one of my favorite girls, Sarah! This girl is so, so fabulous. I've known her for a long, long time, and she is constantly amazing me with not just her kind heart, but her incredibly inspiring work ethic. In fact, she recently started her own business and is doing very well. Here's to women who aren't only beautiful, but smart and driven as well! I'm excited to share Sarah's tattoos and words with all of you this week, and I hope you stop by her blog and shop and say hi!

And, as a special treat to Sometimes Sweet readers, Sarah is offering a discount code at her web store! Simply type "sometimessweet10" at checkout to receive 10% off! The code is valid until the end of July, and be sure to check back daily, as Sarah constantly updates with new pieces, including items from Anthropologie and Marc by Marc Jacobs. Awesome! Click here to visit Duds and Rags.

Name and blog/web address: Sarah- www.dudsandrags.com and www.nothankyoubite.blogspot.com

Age: 25

Occupation: Business owner (It's still weird to say that!)

Age of first tattoo: 18

Favorite tattoo: Script on my collar bone- says No Day But Today

Featured tattoo/location: Peony flower and water - right arm.

Artist/shop/location of feature tattoo: Bob Gibson, Body Art (when it was still open!) in Mesa, AZ



1) Tell us about the tattoo you are sharing with us- is there a background story or special meaning? Why did you choose this particular piece of art?

I got this right around my 19th birthday, prior to getting this one I only had little mini baby tattoos, so I really had no idea what I was getting myself into! I'm really into all things girly (although I don't wear pink or a lot of ruffles...I know, I know) so I wanted my first big piece to be more on the feminine side. A peony flower represents prosperity and romance, they're said to be an omen of good fortune. I don't know about you, but I could always use a good omen!

2) Do you have any other tattoos? If so, what do you have and where?

I have an unfinished backpiece - that's more floral. Script on my collar bone, script on my wrists, script on my left hip, six-shooters on my left arm and a really badly done star on my right hip- We were all in high school and made bad choices at one point.





3) Do you plan on getting more?

I need to finish my back before I get anything else done. After that, who knows!

4) How do your family and friends feel about your tattoo(s)?

No one even notices them anymore, including me. My parents and sisters are so awesome, they never gave me a hard time about them and now my mom even brags about them! It's funny, because out of all my friends in California, I'm by far the heaviest tattooed, but am the least tattooed out of my AZ girlfriends.

Have you run into any adversity or negativity because of them?

The only thing that eve actually bugged me was a woman looked at me and said "You would be so pretty if you didn't do that to yourself." Now that's just mean!



5) Any advice for those interested in getting tattooed but haven't gotten one yet?

There's no rush. Seriously, you have your entire life to get work done. And do a little research on the artist, the shop and WHAT you're actually getting done. A lot of people don't realize that almost everything has some sort of definition or meaning, so learn what it is before getting it tattooed on you!