Tattooing in Asheville

I was in Asheville tattooing Monday & Tuesday on my days
off work... Some people ask me why I still go home to tattoo when I don't make any money there? To be honest it very hard and I can bearly afford to tattoo in my hometown....but I really want to see my people back home understand the "Art of Tattooing" I had one person get mad because I couldn't give them the same price I gave them 4 years ago before City of Ink opened...I'm 35 years old I can't do the same type of art or give you the same price I gave you 4 years ago...the hotel rooms are about $120-$150 a night so how can I do a tattoo for $50 and afford to pay for my stay in Asheville? So I want to thank everyone who set their appointment 3 Months in advance so I could use the deposits to pay for the rental car and hotel rooms....here is one of the pieces I did back home... I'm trying to open their minds up to more color style tattoos and to break the stereotypes of praying hands, crosses, and name tattoos... It's time to bring "Skin Paintings" to these small cities like Asheville





Posted from my iPhone