We shared the same Dream once...

This pen & ink drawing was inspire by an old friend back in my hometown...he would tell me words that always inspired me to stop hanging out in the hood allday and to follow my dreams... I think of him often wishing he would have followed his dreams also...and how helpless I feel when I see him because he's in the same place we were as kids... This piece of art is for him, here is one of the pages of my book "Before I'm Gone"



We shared the same dream once... To leave the hood and make a better life for our families.. But you let the hood beat you.... Remember how we would lay on the project floor and we would tell me to be strong and never give up.... You gave me hope and strength with your words.... I wish I told you the samething in return...last time I went home you were in the same hood on that same floor telling me those same words....

Posted from my iPhone